5 Reasons you should stay at Shwari Watamu
Shwari Watamu is a luxury beach villa overlooking the Indian Ocean
1. Your own private Beach Villa
Shwari Watamu is a luxurious 6 bedroom beach villa, and is available on an exclusive basis, ensuring complete privacy. The spacious rooms are all en-suite and open out to veranda’s with expansive views across the Indian Ocean.
The house has 3 comfortable lounges, a large kitchen, inside and al fresco dining areas, a large infinity swimming pool, and beautiful tropical gardens.
A sandy path leads down from the house giving guests direct access to the world famous Watamu beach.
2. Restaurant quality food prepared with fresh local ingredients
Shwari Watamu can be booked on a self catered or catered basis. Either way, the chefs at Shwari will prepare all of your meals, snacks, cakes, and treats. Shwari can arrange for the freshest seafood, fruits and salads, and are happy to suggest a selection of menus to whet your appetite.
3. Activities for all the family
For those that want to just relax by the infinity pool and watch the traditional dhows sail past in the azure blue lagoon in front of the house, Shwari Watamu is an idyllic retreat. Yoga, and spa treatments are available at the house.
Shwari is an excellent base for a multitude of activities for those who want to explore and enjoy what Watamu has to offer:
- Watersports include stand up paddle boarding, kite and wind surfing, snorkelling, scuba diving, and water-skiing.
- Sunset dhow cruises and fishing in Mida Creek are popular with both kids and adults.
- Watamu is world famous for big game sports fishing, with a number of charter boats ready to head out on to the ocean to fish for Marlin, Sailfish, Wahoo, Tuna, and much more.
- Arabuko Sokoke forest is only a 15 minute drive from Shwari, where a nature walk with a local guide will leave you amazed at the biodiversity found there.
- The mysterious Gedi ruins are another treat for the whole family.
- A variety of conservation organisations in Watamu are well worth a visit, such as Watamu Turtle Watch, and Bio-Ken Snake Farm.
4. Numerous daily flights into Malindi Airport
Malindi airport is only a 20 minute drive from Shwari Watamu.
Jambojet, Kenya Airways, Air Kenya, Fly 540 and Fly-SAX all fly into Malindi airport, about an hour flight from Nairobi. Shwari Watamu can arrange for airport transfers to and from Malindi in the comfort of air-conditioned vehicles.
5.A beach you will never forget
There is a reason Watamu beach features in so many top 10 lists of best beaches in the world. The natural beauty of the lagoon and beach in front of Shwari can only really be appreciated first hand. Being based just metres away from this beach allows guests at Shwari Watamu to take in the beauty at all times of the day.
From watching the golden sunrise over the calm lagoon, taking in the deep blues of the Indian Ocean at midday, to enjoying the refreshing afternoon monsoon breeze rustle the palm fronds. At night, the equatorial sky gives an amazing display of stars, and the gentle breaking of the waves on the reef is the perfect soundtrack to drift off to sleep after another day in paradise.
Booking enquiries for Shwari Watamu can be made via the Shwari Watamu website.