DCI Exhumes Body of Ex-KVDA Boss Who Went Missing 12 Years Ago

DCI Police in Keiyo South Sub County, on Thursday, exhumed a body believed to be of Silvanos Tubei, a former boss at Kerio Valley Development Authority (KVDA). 

Tubei went missing from his home in Kabiemit village on the morning of September 26, 2012, sparking fears of his death. 

However, on January 1, 2024, children who were collecting firewood bumped into his remains buried in a shallow grave a few meters away from his palatial home. 

The children, out of curiosity, accidentally pulled out a blanket buried along a flower bed, only to be struck by an odour. They alerted the gardener, who reported the same to a local chief.

Detectives exhume suspected remains of former KVDA Managing Director Silvenus Tubei from a shallow grave at his home in Keiyo South; Tubei went missing in 2012


Tubei’s clothes, believed to be the ones he wore on the day he disappeared, were also found buried together with the blanket.

Two days later, police from Keiyo South Sub-County obtained a court order from the Iten Magistrate’s Court to enable them to exhume the remains from the farm.

Hundreds of relatives flocked to the farm to witness the exhumation of their lost kin and hoped that the case that was closed years ago would be revived. 

The authorities transferred the collected remains to the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital morgue, where a DNA test will be done to determine if the remains belong to Tobei. 

Investigations into his disappearance have yet to resume, and police were hopeful that the DNA tests and autopsy reports will aid them to determine the way forward. 

Two main suspects in the disappearance case, Tobei’s estranged wife and another individual, were released after the prosecution cited a lack of evidence. 

Police had arrested the wife after she was found in possession of the deceased’s mobile phone. 

It was yet to be clear whether police will apply for the extradition of the wife and Tubei’s two children, who relocated abroad after the case was closed

Passengers at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.



Source link