Nakuru County Government Erases All Nakuru Memorial War Hospital Signage

Nakuru County has continued to defy court orders in its row with the War Memorial Hospital after its officers raided the facility and removed all signages. 

The officers, on Monday, painted over the signages, erasing all information about the hospital from the gates, signposts and other areas. 

In videos shared by eyewitnesses, workers were seen protesting and singing outside the hospital after they were blocked from accessing it. 

In other reports concerning hospital wrangles, the Police Commander in Nakuru, also defied orders directing him to supervise the reopening of the facility.

A photo of kanjos and residents standing outside the War Memorial Hospital in Nakuru County


Mtaa Wangu

A court had ordered the police boss to escort workers to the hospital and provide them with security as they resumed operations. 

Further, the police commander who was also expected to report to a Nakuru court failed to do so, defying previously issued orders.

A judge hearing the case ordered him to avail himself upon mentioning on Thursday failure to which he would be arrested for contempt of court.

The hospital wrangles have prolonged for weeks, with the county government accusing a private firm of illegally running the hospital. 

According to the county government, the lease signed by the hospital had expired and was not up for renewal. 

The hospital management, however, refuted the claims and presented documents that allegedly proved that the lease was renewed. In response, the county claimed that the documents were forged, promoting the arrest of five directors who were accused of forgery. 

Nakuru Governor Susan Kihika and her Senator Tabitha Karanja were caught in between the row, with the latter threatening to orchestrate the impeachment of the former

Karanja lamented that the power battle between Kihika and the hospital management had affected the delivery of health services in the county. 

Patricia Musale, the CEO of War Memorial, further compounded the saga when she claimed that she received death threats from unknown assailants. 

A photo of the C.E.O War Memorial Hospital Nakuru


Purity Kinuthia

Source link